Have you ever stolen anything?

Rainman

I was a book "thief" when I was in elementary school. We never were allowed to borrow books by the head-teacher who also doubled as the Librarian. From time to time I'd steal a book, read it then slip it back. I never was caught. Because I'd got away with that when I was younger, in high school I stole books and never returned them because I hated the school. How many books did I steal? More than 10 [and I'm not proud of it]. But again, I never was caught. Was it luck or being skilled at filching? Hardly matters though because since then I haven't stolen anything.

Gelsemium

I recall stealing coins from the pockets of my dad's jacket to buy stickers for a collection, kids at a certain age don't realize what's right and wrong, so they simply do these things.

OMGnoWAY

When I was 2 years old I stole a keychain from the Cracker Barrel that my mom said she wouldn't buy for me. When we got back in the car I pulled it out of my pull-ups (lol) and started playing with it. My mom turned around the car and made me bring back the keychain and apologize to the cashier.

I never forgot it. And I never stole again.

shilpa123

I believe a lot of people find it quite easy to not think about how bad their friends or family would feel when someone steels from them. I guess that is what helps them to really steel in the first place. I believe that is what makes them to steel.

stevesxs9

As a child my friends and I would go into a store and steal bags of potato chips when we had money to pay for them outright. I done it a couple of times and really felt bad about it and never done it again. In fact I never went back to that store again.

jesuslover0314

Personally, I have never stolen anything from anywhere. Of course I may have taken a coke or soda from my grandmother occasionally but she said I was always welcome to do that, so I wouldn't consider that stealing... Anyway, ever since I was just a little boy I was raised to never steal or "borrow" things without returning them. I guess you could say stealing just isn't my personality because I am normally free with my money. I basically give money away most of the time, so I honestly don't see a reason to steal. So, my answer would have to be, no I have never stole anything.

Profit5500

I do not go up and steal stuff since it is worthless. You are only going to get caught and arrested. I just remember that there are cameras and I need to watch out for them.

JohnBrock

I do not go up and steal stuff since it is worthless. You are only going to get caught and arrested. I just remember that there are cameras and I need to watch out for them.

That's awfully sensible.

I think the moral reasoning would be better than the fear of consequences though :p

As for the topic: Never stole anything, at least not deliberately, it happens that I accidentally bring some stuff home not thinking about it, and just keep it. Friend of mine woke up with a table from a café in his house after a particularly crazy night out, so I don't think I can really compare

bala

Does stealing biscuits,sweets and ice cream count..??.I often steal these to satisfy my hunger content and my craving.If not,then NO i haven't stolen anything big or that deserves punishment.it might have only been minor ones then.

JohnBrock

Does stealing biscuits,sweets and ice cream count..??.I often steal these to satisfy my hunger content and my craving.If not,then NO i haven't stolen anything big or that deserves punishment.it might have only been minor ones then.

Hahaha, I'm curious - where do you frequent where you can steal biscuits on a daily basis? :D

Either way, yeah minor things happen accidentally, as long as you don't exactly do it on purpose, which would be a bit, well, morally questionable :p

rubydust

I did once, purely by accident. I was in the supermarket with my daughter, who was a baby at the time. I had put her into one of those shopping carts with the baby seats. She was teething at the time, and was starting to become restless and upset, so I gave her a toothbrush to play with, that I was intending to buy.

I got through the checkout and out to the car. I'd forgotten all about the toothbrush until I lifted my baby out of her seat, and there it was, down the side of the baby seat. I was so embarrassed, I took it back into the store and explained. Of course they were fine about it. I paid for it, and left, feeling much better that I had done the right thing.

jesuslover0314

I did once, purely by accident. I was in the supermarket with my daughter, who was a baby at the time. I had put her into one of those shopping carts with the baby seats. She was teething at the time, and was starting to become restless and upset, so I gave her a toothbrush to play with, that I was intending to buy.

I got through the checkout and out to the car. I'd forgotten all about the toothbrush until I lifted my baby out of her seat, and there it was, down the side of the baby seat. I was so embarrassed, I took it back into the store and explained. Of course they were fine about it. I paid for it, and left, feeling much better that I had done the right thing.

I may not know you very well, but I am so very proud of you. Most people would have just kept going and not even returned to the store to buy it. After all that got out of the store with it for free. So, I would like to thank you for being one of those people who make the world turn greener and spin faster.

Thanks!

dyanmarie25

At least, you still found time to pay for it. That's good. Anyway, it's not really intentional so that's fine.

As for me, I have never actually stolen a thing or maybe I just couldn't remember one. But yeah, I don't think I did steal before.

marcamm

I have not stolen anything from a store, grocery or something like that. However, I tried not paying for riding in a public vehicle. The person in charge with collecting the fare ticket didn't even notice it. There were also times I didn't return the change to my parents when they send me on an errand. That is simple theft I believe. The bad thing was that I felt that I've achieved something

SO BAD OF ME!

blur92

I have only stolen once, and it was mostly by accident. I was walking out of Joann Fabrics with my friend. By the time we were in the middle of the parking lot, I realized I never put back the thread I was looking at for friendship bracelets. I panicked, rushed to my car, and drove off. It was about 47 cents.

Rosyrain

I once stole a book on accident. I was shopping with my mom and was really engrossed in what I was reading. Next thing I know, I am blindly following her out of the store with the book still under my nose. I did not realize my mistake until we got out to the car, and I promptly went back into the store to return it. I have never stolent anything on purpose because there is a lot of bad karma associated with those kinds of deeds.

OGRICHBOI

I have never stole something, and don't think I ever will. Well, at least any big items. The biggest thing I have stolen is probably a lollipop at a doctor's office. So bad. Stealing is clearly not good and should not be practiced. Stealing can also become a habit, which is a hard one to get out of.

OGRICHBOI

I have never stole something, and don't think I ever will. Well, at least any big items. The biggest thing I have stolen is probably a lollipop at a doctor's office. So bad. Stealing is clearly not good and should not be practiced. Stealing can also become a habit, which is a hard one to get out of.

shilpa123

It is quite obvious that are people usually steals something or the other in their lifetime. it can be a big thing or a small things but something that a notice and some things get unnoticed. people should know what they are doing and should do it in the right manner.

goldenmaine

I have also experimented with this in my teen years. My brother and I would shoplift in bookstores and take small things which are hard to detect like pens, pencils, poke chips, etc. We did it for fun and really had no intention of making money out of it. Eventually we outgrew this also and did not steal ever again. We didn’t get caught because we only took small things, and we were good at pretending to look around but at the same time doing the stealing. When we look back, we just laugh at what we did and thinking that we were lucky we didn’t get caught or our parents would certainly punish us for it.