How long could you live without the Internet?

headmaster

Recently I had to travel to a remote area of Norther Kenya (beautiful scenery), and on reaching there discovered that there was no form of communication except long-range radio. This meant no Internet too. It was one of the longest weekends of my life without email, Facebook, Youtube or online chat. I felt like a part of me was missing.

What has been your longest time involuntarily, without Internet access and how did you take it?

dariel2323

Once I was without internet for a week. The Internet home was damaged and I was honestly pretty bad. The internet is very important for me, because I work online and have many businesses.

nikkilsvgs

If the Internet did not pay my bills like it does, I could really care less about the Internet...lol. Since this is how I live and my work online pays the bills I can't go a half a day without it.

ReDGuNNeR

I have been able to live without the Internet before, but it's such a loss of connection with the outside world whenever I'm without it. I prefer to get my news and information over the web than using other channels such as TV or newspaper. It's not that I look at alternative news sites or anything I just feel like the flow of information is more unfiltered on the internet.

At least my mobile phone has unlimited web wherever I may go :D

LuckyGirl08

I do not think that I could go not one day with out my internet. I had to before because it was messed up and I felt like I lost my best friend. With me working from home, having internet is a must for me. I felt so lost when my internet was down.

KrustyKrabella

I cannot last long at all. I will leave the house and find free wifi somewhere if I have to! There's always the library, or Starbucks. We all get grumpy in our house if the internet isn't working!

Whitewolf2578

I believe it was a month for me because Comcast sucks butt and can't seem to do their job right. It was tough, but I found myself getting out a lot more which was a change from being stuck at home on my days off. Now with my phone I never have to be without internet unless the phone towers all blow up or something.

helaofthenorns

When a typhoon hit our country, we lost our Internet connection for about two days. I know it's silly, but I felt really bored during those two days. I couldn't read news articles and visit social networking sites. It also was terrible because my boyfriend and I live thousands of miles away from each other. We use the Internet to talk with each other.

So, I don't think that I will be able to live long enough without the Internet.

Muthoni

I moved into my new premises in June earlier this year. For the first three days I was without connection. I was almost getting sick as I looked for a solution. I was new in the area and still managed to locate a cybercafé. I need the internet everyday even if I do not log in. Just knowing I can get access is enough for my peace of mind.

bala

Booh..Not even a day for sure.I mean i am not addicted to anything but this is too informative for me.Anything i don't know (there are millions of things i don't know) and i instantly jump on the internet.This is a handy tool without which survival becomes tough..
I may try for a day,but that too seems hard.

Kate

Hmmm... good question. Currently since I don't have a phone (it's the way I prefer) the 'Net is the only way I have to keep up with family, so I think I'd start getting nervous in 2 or 3 days. (It's happened.)

If really pushed, I suppose I could go a week before getting extremely shaken about what may be going on with my family.

stevesxs9

I could maybe go a couple of days before I would need to get access to the net. But definitely no longer than that. Simply because of the important sites I need to view.

missamanda819

Physically, of course - I could survive without the internet. Life did exist before it became so wide-spread.

However, financially - not so much right now. My job is based online and I work from home. So, I would have to find another job, if I wanted to make money. I do use it for other things as well, and it has become a necessity.

The longest I've gone without the internet was 7 days. I was on a cruise and didn't want to pay outrageous prices to use the internet. I managed just fine, and actually enjoyed it. I couldn't/didn't use my phone for anything. I enjoyed being out of reach for a while. It really gave me time to focus on my family and relaxing. I couldn't work or check emails if I wanted to (for free anyway). It was nice.

Determined2014

I believe I could go for a whole month without the internet, sometimes I find it peaceful and quiet without the internet, so I would go for a whole full month without internet.

megankl

I personally would not a last a day without internet. Everything I do when I am at home revolves around the internet and I would really be quite bored. I love being able to surf the web and look up what I want when I want. I really enjoy the internet and I would go crazy without it.

Well for me not very long at all. Not just for personal reasons. I make about one third of my monthly income from working online. So if I had to go without the internet for very long I wouldn't be able to make ends meet. For me it isn't just a want or a luxury but a necessary must.

Onionman

Once I get over the initial shock I think I could last for quite a long time. I'm pretty reliant on it these days, but when I've done digital detoxes for a day or so I realize there's life beyond the internet. Being offline for a time clears your head space. In fact, it's probably what I need to do right now!

Patrick

I suppose I could go cold turkey, but it would be very hard to adjust for the first few days.