How old are most students who typically enter a police academy?

Gelsemium

Yep, I am guessing the same joan, early or mid twenties is the most common age for students or simply unemployed people to enter the academy.

Profit5500

I think most of them are between the age group of 20-30 years old. I believe that most of them are pretty young. I think that a lot of people prefer to join at a younger age as there is no much use of degree over here.*
The ages 20-30 is about average for the academy cadets. It is more rare to see some 40 year old cadets since the cut off age is 45 for entering the police force. Longer you wait the less likely you are to really get in the force. Unless you are in the UK where the cut off age is 55.

FuZyOn

I've seen people that do it that are in their late 40's and people that are in their late teens. You can be a police officer everytime you want, age shouldn't limit your choice of joining the Police Academy.
That said, if you are older than 50 years things may get hard because of your age.

Nate

I think there should be a minimum age requirement of 25. Usually people in their early 20s still think they know everything, and I dont believe nothing good can come out of that.

Peninha

I don't know if minimum age as 25 makes sense considering our physical prime can really go away. From 18 onward is fine, also starting below and having the possibility to progress in the career.

dyanmarie25

I think most students who would likely to enter police academy is around 20-25 years old. Well, anyway, if you think you have a passion for it and very determined to be a police officer, then why not give it a try? There's always a chance for everyone.