I'm going to start running

ajenks68

I'm going to start running, how did you start out? Did you push yourself or did you start out slowly by doing less than you could so you could get used to it?

You should start slowly, take a couple breaks when you get tired and then keep going because that will push you even harder.

Kootzg

I agree you need start off slowly, pace yourself and don't over do it. Also it's real important you have a good pair of running shoes

roliver922

I run on about 2 miles a day. If you're not used to it, your best bet is to begin jogging then work your way into running. Two very important things to remember is to stretch properly before you begin and getting good running shoes.

bala

I don't run,but i take to jogging,a much refined way to burn calories.Running saps you of energy instantly and you gasp for breath after 2 runs.Although you can burn a lot,max 700 cal an hr,jogging is preferred as it can strengthen body parts.When you are running the body secretes lactic acid to help you breathe,whereas in a jog it is oxygen alone.
When you run 400m,you can't do any exercises after that,but a 2 mile jog,and still you are fresh..:p

darcup

Do it man. I run, and I easily give up, so I started slow, because I knew that I would hate running if I just pushed myself to the limit. Slowly I raised my overall time even more and more, every workout was a small improvement, until I got to where I am today. Combined with enough sleep and a good diet, I'm a different person now than when compared to the person I was before I started running. I surprisingly have more energy, feel less down all the time, and have a clearer mind than I did before. Do it!

wulfman

First I started walking a few blocks. Then power walking (looks fruity but still too lazy to move up to jogging). After about a month I started jogging . I do this every weekday before I go to work . About 15 minutes. And I am one of the laziest people out there.

Rob93FL

I started running when I started working out. I would set time goals and I'd try to increase my running time each time I'd go. Start small and work your way up.

Whitewolf2578

I personally used to hate running, I still do. I got into it by getting a new job that required me to walk everywhere. I mean you burn the same amount if you power walk, so why not save your knees and just do that. Running isn't always the best thing to do.

Nevi

Before i start need to do some warm-ups first like stretching, conditioning myself then i jog first to start the momentum, going from there and i start speeding it up also not to push myself too hard, can get tired quickly.

AlexF15

I actually never run a mile or any of that. I do cardio workouts designed for losing weight. I've always been a chubby guy, 5,5 165 to 5,7 140lbs is my most recent transformation. I've never felt so good about my life than I have the past few weeks. I'd recommend SHAUN T, if you want to lose weight respectively fast.!

Profit5500

I would just push your body to its limits so you can be sure that you are in good shape. Running is good for you since you would have a foot pursuit being a cop when those bad guys start running.

cpefley

I've heard the walk/run method is the best way to begin running. Walk for a minute, run for a minute, or whatever the increments are. Just alternate between the two and build your way up to being able to run for longer periods of time.

Marishu

If you wanna start running you need motivation music to get you motivated and stuff *starts listening Darude Sandstorm* xD it will help you a lot.

ReDGuNNeR

Building up endurance and vascular fitness through cardio exercises is always a great choice and can improve your stamina in other strenuous activities that engage your muscles. As others have stated in this thread, walking/jogging/running endurance stamina will build up and you can find yourself doing paces/lengths that seemed impossible before.

Another thing to look into is conditioning exercises. These are specific methods that can help your body recuperate and keep up in tip-top shape, which is always important when policing and dealing with a life/death situation.

helaofthenorns

If you are only starting, don't push yourself to run fast or long! Start by walking briskly, jogging, then eventually running. Don't forget to do the right stretches, too. If you will force yourself, you will just end up getting injured. I committed those mistakes once, and I ended up fainting!

olivia

It is best to start out slowly and let your body get stronger before pushing too hard. If you push too hard in the beginning, you could injure yourself or get discouraged. When I went back to running after being in active for a little while, I was trying to go too fast and would get pain in my chest and have to stop. It was much better to just jog slowly, even though my times were bad, and keep with it until I could improve my speed. Good luck!

Patrick

Personally I find interval training to be much better than long distance, endurance running with regards to building muscle and improving the cardiovascular flow.

Typically I do 400m sprints in 1 min 50 sec, take an equal amount of time as an interval rest, then repeat for 6 sets. Make sure that you do not sit down or bend over during your rest period, stand and walking around so they you can catch your breath better.

If you are starting off, it is alright to increase the interval/lap time a little, to say 2 mins 20 secs

soconfused

I absolutely hate running, even though its the most effective cardio apparently. The most running I ever managed to do was following a very popular smartphone app called C25K. it starts you out with alternating walking with jogging. Its pretty handy!