Is winter a hard season for you?

DancingLady

Winter can be a really hard season for some people. For me it is financially hard because it is the off season in my town, so there isn't all that much work.

For others it could be the weather that makes it difficult with having to shovel snow, keep the heater going, deal with bad road conditions.

Profit5500

I would imagine that the winter is the most difficult time for a cop. If live in a place that got a lot of snow then you would have to deal with sliding cars. The good thing is that I live in the valley so I would not have to worry about snow.

Patrick

I do get a pretty runny nose when I'm cold, and it's not enjoyable at all during harsh winter nights. Other than that I quite enjoy winter, it's always nice to see a change in landscape, and have a reason to laze around at home :p

Gelsemium

The worse for me about winters is that I have a hard time breathing with the cold. Also, I hate the rain, but it's just the way it is.

Determined2014

Winter is a really hard period of time for me, because of the weather, I hate driving in the snow, I always feel like I am going to get into an accident, that is the worst part of winter for me, it is the driving on bad roads.

pattycake

Nah... The winter isn't a problem for me at all. In NYC, the winters aren't bad at all. More like early spring. I would say that the summers are bad because Con Ed really hikes up the rates on electricity in the summer. LOL!

Gelsemium

Lucky you patty, the fact is that most likely in NY houses are well prepared for the cold, what doesn't happen where I live.

stevesxs9

It can be hard for me sometimes because of living in the warm climate of the south. Whenever the arctic air of the north sweeps through, it can prove to be very challenging.

Gin0710

It is. I just want spring to arrive as soon as the holidays are over. I long for warmer weather and lighter days. THen as soon as summer comes I get tired of the heat. lol

Rob93FL

Not at all. I live in Florida, so it never gets too cold here. It's almost always at a comfortable ~50-60 degrees out during the winter.

primalclaws1974

It gets harder the older I get. When I was a teenager I would wear a light coat all winter and walk everywhere without it bothering me much. At forty the cold hits me a lot harder. The snow is more irritating to drive in, and the removal of it about kills me.

Nate5

It does. You may have heard of Seasonal Affect Disorder (aptly abbreviated to SAD) where, for some reason, I just feel more down during winter months. Sure, there's snow and family, but my brain just shuts down and I feel so much more lethargic. It snows and rains here quite a bit, but the squeak of fresh snow as you put your foot down is always nice.

cc1001

The winter is not one of my favorite seasons at all. It gets very cold. The roads get ice which causes car accidents. The electric bill is very high. I just want to stay under the blanket to keep warm. I am happy when it passes and spring comes. I love spring. It is my favorite season. If I could have it my way it would be spring all of the time. I know some people would disagree. For people with bad allergies it is hard on them and they suffer.

leahcim132

Winter is a pretty rough time for me. Our family isn't relatively rich so everyone has to do their part in order to have heat in our house. Also there is quite a bit of snow in our area so travelling is always a hassle.

Nate5

Not really. We do get snow, but our city is in a relatively temperate climate so it's not bad. Shoveling snow and driving through snow is not as much of a chore as it is in other cities. However, I find that the long nights and cold weather gets me down psychologically for some reason. I find myself much more lethargic and less motivated to do work. I think I might have Seasonal Affect Disorder, and I might go see a doctor about it. Otherwise, I love winter.

shilpa123

Winter is quite a mild season over here. I think I totally love the winter over here. I have never been very scared of upcoming of winter. But yes, *once I catch cold I definitely suffer a lot in winter.*

CyberGal

Financially, winter is better for me because I'm stuck inside so I just buckle down and work. I love being outdoors in the summer, which makes it hard to get a lot of work done since I can easily blow it off because I work from home. However, in the winter I get bored. The one thing that I don't like about the winter though is that the cold tends to make my arthritis worse and considering that I also have MS on top of that, well I'm in a great deal of pain unfortunately.

GlacialDoom

The only thing hard for me during winter is coping with the little daytime we get, even with Daylight Saving Time. Sun comes up only after I arrive at school, so transit to high school is really boring, dark and sleepy. By the time I get home, I get one hour and a half of sunlight before it's dark again.

Muthoni

I live in a region where temperatures are not extreme, I have never seen snow. There are a few places in our nation where snow was found in the morning sometime back. That actually made news.

jeremy2

Winter can be a really hard season for some people. For me it is financially hard because it is the off season in my town, so there isn't all that much work.

For others it could be the weather that makes it difficult with having to shovel snow, keep the heater going, deal with bad road conditions.
Where i come from Winter is non-existent but we do experience cold seasons but not as cold as you would expect.But Summers can be really hot what with the sweltering heat and scorching sun all day of the month!