Natural Means to Relieve Stress

Patrick

Most people would say exercise. I find lifting or martial arts exercises to be great for venting your stress and anger in a healthy manner.

I also find drinking a small glass of wine occasionally to be very relaxing, especially in the evening after a rough day's work. So long as you don't consume too much, I don't think that there are any downsides to occasional alcohol consumption.

Determined2014

Well for me taking two glasses of wine works well for me, I wish working out would do it for me but unfortunatly it does not, I find it difficult to concentrate on my work out when I am stressed out.

ally79

Working out or taking a walk outside always seems to help me. You can also try some herbal teas to help you relax especially if you need some help easing in to sleep.

ic3squid

Playing low stress games such as Gran Turismo, or Little Big Planet, or some other game. Taking a walk outside is also another way to clear your mind, the fresh air can help loads. A cup of tea after having a hot shower on a cold day is one of my favourites though.

Kittyworker

If I need to hit something, hitting a punching bag, lifting weights or going for a fast pace run do the trick.
If I'm feeling stressed or tight, usually some stretching, yoga or mediation is good.

If you are stressed right now in your life, ask yourself whether you can spend 60mins of "ME TIME'. This may be exercising, reading your favorite book, mediating or doing research. Do something that you want to do that will give you personal development and enjoyment.

Peninha

I'd say exercising or having sex, these two are great stress relievers. Having a drink can work as well. :)

Gelsemium

LOL, those are all good tips Peninha, I might add the fact that we should try to relax more, in that way we don't accumulate any stress.

Peninha

Thanks! :) Just yesterday I went to play tennis and I feel another today, it really works. Sure, don't stressing is a good help as well.

DancingLady

Exercise is good for getting the endorphines going, which reduces stress as well as helps you stay fit. On the other side there are relaxation techniques ones can use before going to sleep, or at various times during the day to help combat stress. One I like for helping get to sleep is to consciously relax your body fully, starting with fingers and toes and moving up your arms and legs. It really helps get the body ready to sleep if I'm wound up and the muscles are not wanting to enter a relaxed state.

guineapigmomma

I prefer yoga to relieve my stress. It's a great way to focus on your breathing and just let the stress melt away.

I'm also a fan of a nice, hot, bubble bath. Especially with some of the stress relief bubbles from Bath and Body Works. My favorite scent is the Eucalyptus Spearmint.

piez

Years ago lifting weights and running was the best way for me to relieve stress. If I happened to be mad all I had to do was go for a run or lift a heavy weight and a lot of that stress was gone. These days I mostly dive myself into some good music. I'm known to go on long walks also. These are my natural stress reliefs now.

Rainman

Most people underestimate the power of sleep. Those dealing with depression often take sleeping pills so they can forget their "troubles" for a little while. I'm not advocating the taking of sleeping pills. No. One should try to get their 8 hours of sleep everyday. That would be good enough for combating stress.

Having a massage, I've heard can also relieve stress fast.

rubydust

Having a massage, I've heard can also relieve stress fast.

Having a massage is one of my favourite ways to relieve stress. Apart from obviously working on tight muscles, you can use various essential oils in massage that help with relaxation too.

Meditation really helps as well. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but I kept practising, and now I do it at the end of every day. In addition to de-stressing, it helps me fall asleep more easily.

Apart from that, I agree with others that exercising is a great way to get rid of stress. My favourite is kick boxing, it feels great to get rid of any pent up emotions by punching and kicking the pads!

JoanMcWench

Is marijuana considered a natural way to relieve stress???

HA! Best bet is to remove yourself from the things that are stressing you out. If you get out of that mindset it's easier to function & think. Everyone has something specifically that calms them. I would suggest cooking but that may be something that stresses you out. Just go to the things you wish you were doing when you are doing something you hate.

Shimus

Marijuana is a good stress reliever; but unfortunately it's frowned upon (if not illegal) in most places. The best other natural remedies are proper sleeping, exercising, finding a hobby you like to do or a game you like to play. Find it and latch on to it. Then the stress will have no place in your life.

Gelsemium

I would not advise marijuana as a good way to relieve stress, I think that working out is something way healthier and rewarding.

OMGnoWAY

I'm into yoga and getting massages. They rejuvenate both my mind and body and make me forget all my problems. I do yoga about every other day and I get a massage once a week and I've never felt more relaxed in my life! :p

goldenmaine

Exercise is one way to relieve stress especially for stressful jobs like police work. It can be done in a lot of forms like cardio, weight training, sports, or martial arts. These are activities that are both fun and exciting ways to exercise and not make it a very difficult and boring task. It has a lot of benefits too. It will maintain your ideal weight and also keep your muscles for becoming weak and “rusty.†Not only will you be physically active but also mentally active that will keep your mind sharp.