Police filmed beating man at Walmart in SC

KrustyKrabella

Cops Filmed Beating Suspect During Arrest At Walmart

I'm aware the footage of the beating doesn't show the whole story, but it doesn't look like the man was acting in a way that warranted a beating. Sure, he was acting strange, and even tried to steal a cash register drawer. But breaking the law and being an idiot doesn't necessarily mean you have to get beaten, does it? The man was already on the ground and fully restrained when the officer decided to punch him in the face repeatedly. That's so uncalled for. You got your guy. Put him in the car and go to jail. Why punch him over and over?

What do you guys think?

wulfman

After what happened in Ferguson, the police across the country need to be careful about what they do. They will be heavily scrutinized for the time being.

KrustyKrabella

That's what I can't understand. Even long before the Ferguson debacle, people have been filming police behaving badly everywhere. There was even film of Rodney King and that was decades ago! What is going on with their training, or lack of, that they aren't remembering that they should be following procedure to the letter- not only because it is the right thing to do and their duty as a police officer, but because they never know when they are being filmed!

Come on, LEOs! You can do better than this!

Maybe it's just a matter of mental health. Maybe police officers should be required to go to therapy once in a while and work out the tough parts of the job. I don't think anyone would fault them for that. It would also go a long way to normalizing the need for mental health and therapy for the population at large.

stevesxs9

Just seem like all that was needed was to cuff him and read him his rights and take him to jail.

DancingLady

I don't think beating someone is ever appropriate, it's a response of anger, which is not productive, it only makes things worse, makes others angry, just really causes all sorts of problems.

Profit5500

I mean what happened at Ferguson was enough to shake the whole community all over. I don't think I was surprised with South Carolina PD since its the south so its not surprising that they were going to do that to someone.

LuckyGirl08

Police now days think that they can do what ever they want just because they got a badge and a uniform. Most of them do not even do their job until someone is seriously hurt or dead. I may be wrong for saying this but I have absolutely no respect for police. They have killed and beat so many innocent people. There is a town close to where I live that every time the police arrest someone they take them on a back road and beat them. Nothing is ever done.

helaofthenorns

Another case of a police officer going overboard. Maybe he forgot about the camera? Anyway, any law enforcement officer should always be aware of his surroundings.