Possibe new serial killer emerges in Indiana

Darren Deon Vann convicted sex offender who served time in Austin,Texas for his crime is a suspect in custody linked to seven bodies of women. It is possible that this suspect can be linked to murders in other states but at this time it is too early to make such comments. After the arrest of Vann this is something he said that was so self centered and expecting at the same time of a serial killer to say

An Indiana man told police he "messed up" by killing a woman in Hammond, then came clean, leading them to several more bodies in nearby Gary, Hammond Police Chief John Doughty said Monday.

This man was a convicted sex offender but was never put on the registered sex offender list even after he was charged some years later for aggravated rape in another state. it is appalling to me how someone this day and age can get away with the murders of so many people and no one even have an inkling to who it could have been smh.

cc1001

I agree with you about what the serial killer said was self centered. I do not agree with someone being a serial killer at all. I have done some bad things I am not proud of myself. The reason I did what I did was simply I was selfish and only thought about my needs and wants .I believe when a serial killer commits the crimes he or she is not looking at the other individual as someone with their own right to life. I also believe there is something mentally wrong with these individuals as well. This is just my opinion about what is possibly going on in their heads.

btatro

Well I sure hope you don't agree with someone being a serial killer! I hate to say it, but history tells the future, and we are likely 'due' for another high profile case

Profit5500

Serial killers are always self-centered that is why I would not feel sympathetic towards them. This guy is going to not have any empathy for his victims. Those seven women were not the lucky ones there would be justice after this wacko gets convicted.

LuckyGirl08

There is always a reason behind everybody story. People do not just wake up one day and decide to be a serial killer. I agree that the man is self-centered and not mentally stable but nobody knows what the reason was that lead him down this path of killing. A lot of things that happen to a person as a child determines the way that they will live and what they will become.

Rhoda D'Ettore

This reminds me of the 1970s "Dating Game Show Killer". The man was convicted of raping an 8 year old child. He was released early, and wound up on a popular television show, The Dating Game. A woman would interview three men, then select the man she wanted to go out with. The man was chosen as the winning date, but the woman said there was something creepy about him. It turned out he killed four women in the 70s, and was still being put to trial for additional murders in the 80s/90s. Even Ted Bundy was a good looking guy, well educated guy. He had a law degree, and went pro se at his trial. The judge told him before sentencing something to the effect of "if you would have chosen a different path, you would have made a great litigator. You chose wrong". This just proves a serial killer can look perfectly normal.

There is always a reason behind everybody story. People do not just wake up one day and decide to be a serial killer. I agree that the man is self-centered and not mentally stable but nobody knows what the reason was that lead him down this path of killing. A lot of things that happen to a person as a child determines the way that they will live and what they will become.
This is true that everyone has a story but I do not agree that what happens in your childhood would create a serial killer. We all have choices in life and it is up to you to choose right or wrong and clearly if you are not mentally stable you would choose not to kill anyone. As you become older you would realize you clearly still have issues from your childhood and you would think they would get help. Maybe, help is not available but you still know what is right from wrong.

askanison

I read about this a few days ago. You would be shocked if you really sat and looked at all of the missing person reports in every state of the US. Many are suicides and people who fall off the grid and end up homeless, but there is a large percentage that are killed by other people and are never found. There are many deaths spread out across the US that are probably the results of a serial killer that has yet to be captured or identified. They are usually only found when they either have a break with reality and screw up or when the police finally put two and two together and see the pattern of the killings. There are more of them out there than you think and it is scary to realize that many will never be caught.

Teens In Crisis

I don't know about everywhere, but here in AZ the whole sex offender thing is pretty easy to skate around. I have worked with youth offenders, and they are "required" to report when they move, but they are given a certain amount of time to do so, and then they move again, and then they move again, and they end up not being registered for nearly as long as you think. It's kind of a joke.

jgon3491

How did the goverment let him slip through the cracks? Goes to show you what a great system we have here. I'm sure there will be a lot more bodies showing up, he only confessed to 7 but only God knows how many there really are. Of course he went for the unwanted like prostitutes but still , that doesn't give him the right to kill and rape them.

DancingLady

In response to the question about how someone can kill 7 women before they figure out who is doing it, it really depends on who the victims were and what lifestyle they were living at the time of their deaths. I hate to say it, as it sounds really judgmental, but if this killer targeted prostitutes or drug addicts on the street, that could be why he was not caught sooner. People (both men and women) who are on the street, living a life of drug addiction and other illegal activities such as prostitution often disappear from those they know for periods of time due to all sorts of circumstances. They are not always reported missing. This killer may have known that and used it to his advantage to get away with what he was doing. It's really sad that someone can end up in a life where no one will notice that they have disappeared, but I know that does happen.