Ride Along (movie)

js85

I just caught this on TV the other night and thought it was pretty good. The premise is that a police officer isn't thrilled by his sister's boyfriend, and needs to be proven that he's not useless. So, naturally, he takes him on a ride along. Along the way, they encounter a bad situation and they get all tangled up in a situation that shouldn't be happening with a citizen tagging along with the cops. The boyfriend is really hilarious along the way, and proves that he doesn't know much about police life (during a shootout, he tries to pick up used ammo on the ground "like in the videogames!" hahaha) but he actually ends up being helpful to the case.

Completely illogical and wouldn't happen in real life, but that's why it's a movie. :)

milyjohnson

I saw this movie and it was hilarious. I agree that it is illogical that the cop would be able to bring his future brother-in-law on the ride with him, but it made for great comedy. Kevin Hart and Ice Cube worked so well together. I wasn't sure how they would do together, but they did a great job. I can't wait to see the sequel when it comes out.

Profit5500

I just caught this on TV the other night and thought it was pretty good. The premise is that a police officer isn't thrilled by his sister's boyfriend, and needs to be proven that he's not useless. So, naturally, he takes him on a ride along. Along the way, they encounter a bad situation and they get all tangled up in a situation that shouldn't be happening with a citizen tagging along with the cops. The boyfriend is really hilarious along the way, and proves that he doesn't know much about police life (during a shootout, he tries to pick up used ammo on the ground "like in the videogames!" hahaha) but he actually ends up being helpful to the case.

Completely illogical and wouldn't happen in real life, but that's why it's a movie. :)
I never saw that movie it had great reviews and should have seen instead. In real life you would not need to use used ammo since it is already spent.

Determined2014

It was a really funny movie, very funny indeed, you are right such things can not happen in real life, the cop would be risking a lot about his job, but it does give us a good laugh and imagination.

sillylucy

I have always wanted to go on a ride along so this movie is perfect. I know that none of those crazy things will happen on my ride along, but a girl can dream! I'm sure I would just spend my day following people and watching them get tickets.

mscolumalum

I loved this movie. Kevin Hart is one of the funniest actors around today. I did wonder about how realistic the film was though. What are ride a longs really like? I'm pretty sure that it would't be as crazy or dangerous as in the movie, right?

LongShot

This movie had me in tears from start to finish. Made me not finish the popcorn and drink I bought! The movie was real worth the money and I am not sure if it is on DVD yet. Though, when it is then I will buy a copy to have at home.

shilpa123

I think the movie was pretty awesome and that is enough to throw away all your boredom. I hope such movies are made in the future, which are neither too serious nor too funny. I think it would make for a great time pass. I would not mind watching the same movie once again.