Robin Williams Dead in Apparent Suicide

wulfman

Just read about it. He has had problems with alcohol and earlier with cocaine. He was said to have been majorly depressed. Sad. He was a great actor and comedian.

bravetran

I don't cry when a celebrity dies, but to me he was so much more than that; he was a part of my childhood, I've seen most of his movies and he has always made me laugh. I've got to admit, I've been crying on and off for a little bit now. The world is a little less funny without him. I'll miss you genie.

Rob93FL

Yeah, this is the first celebrity death to actually bother me since Steve Irwin died. He was such a big part of my childhood.

babyleans

I've seen a few of his movies and i knew him but i didn't know his name until yesterday when he died. It's sad whenever one dies of depression.

stevesxs9

He indeed was a great actor and stand-up comedian. This is very sad to hear because the world needs all the laughter it can get.

askanison

This is so very sad. Such a great man who made so many people happy yet could not find that happiness for himself. He was a great talent and will be so sorely missed. I read he has a few movies he had done yet to come out. So we will get to see a small bit more of him even after his death.

bala

This is the first time I have felt genuinely and deeply sorry for the loss of a celebrity..This guy brought so much laughter and happiness to others, obviously he was quite unhappy himself. I remember Mork and Mindy and Mrs. Doubtfire, he was so hilarious in that movie, made me laugh so much.RIP Robin

askanison

This is the first time I have felt genuinely and deeply sorry for the loss of a celebrity..This guy brought so much laughter and happiness to others, obviously he was quite unhappy himself. I remember Mork and Mindy and Mrs. Doubtfire, he was so hilarious in that movie, made me laugh so much.RIP Robin

Yes it is shocking how many comedians suffer from some form of depression. It must be so hard to have the ability to entertain so many people yet not be happy yourself. Such a tragic waste of a great talent.

ItsZiggy

Aladdin was one of my favorite movies growing up, and lets not forget Jumanji. I heard about this yesterday as the news broke and what bothers me the most about his death is today pictures were leaked of him after the fact, and then those pictures were sent to his daughter on twitter, and now every time anyone mentions his death I just think of that and what she's had to go through in the last 48 hours, I can only imagine. RIP Robin Williams

wulfman

I have never even seen his stand up. His movies always made me laugh though. Or were just plain out awesome. Even ones like Insomnia or One Hour Photo he just did a great job. Good Will Hunting of course also. Addiction and depression are just a terrible combination. Poor guy was trying to get help too. Went back into rehab just a few a weeks before.

Ricardo187

It was tremendously sad to know of this. It's really annoying how people suicide for being abandoned. I don't say abandoned as in the literal mean of it, but that the ones who should care, don't really do it.

Vivat

Rest in peace. He was a great comedian, for him to be so depressed and for nobody to have even knew until he killed himself: Tragic. This actually came as a great shock to me.

Kate

I think this has affected nearly everyone on some level. Even people who never saw Robin's work may be touched on other levels, such as if they or a family member are suffering from depression or silent addictions.

So many bloggers are talking about it, but I have to admit that I'm a little surprised (okay, maybe a lot) at the number of people who don't seem to get what depression is. I've read so much about it being "sadness" with a between the lines thought of "just cheer up"... clinical depression is a chemical imbalance, and people with depression *wish* they could "cheer up" but that just isn't what works.

If anything good comes of this sad loss, maybe it will be some education for folks who think that clinical depression is just a matter of "being sad." :(

Rob93FL

This reminds me of something from Watchmen.

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But Doctor...I am Pagliacci."

PhilA

It is reported that he had early signs of Parkinsons disease too, I feel for the guy, he had a lot on his mind.

wulfman

Yes reports are coming out now that he had early stages of Parkinsons. Whether that contributed to him being depressed is unknown. Daughter, who loved her father very much, cancelled twitter after receiving photo shopped images of her dad's body. Unbelievable how cruel some people can be.

wulfman

Now they are saying Williams was plagued by demonic possession when he was younger. Hilarious how ridiculous rumors swirl when someone famous dies.

ic3squid

Yes reports are coming out now that he had early stages of Parkinsons. Whether that contributed to him being depressed is unknown. Daughter, who loved her father very much, cancelled twitter after receiving photo shopped images of her dad's body. Unbelievable how cruel some people can be.

Yep, some people just damn suck in this world. I hope those people who sent the images die in hell..

It is always so tragic when you hear these stories about people who suffered from emotional problems and addiction finally succumbing to their disease in one way or another. It just goes to show that help can be really hard to get, even for the affluent and persons of means. He was truly a legendary talent and did so much good work for charity. My heart really goes out to his family.