Sleeping in the daytime

Ricardo187

When I used to work the evening shift, I would turn up the AC because during the day, the sun will make everything warmer and I would sweat more. Then making sure I had complete darkness was important. Those two things helped.

This is also a good point. Usually I have a hard time sleeping during the day because of the heat, it makes me uncomfortable so using the AC is a good solution. Night is supposed to be cold so you can cover yourself. I can't sleep well if I'm not covered.

KrustyKrabella

When I worked nights, I used to run a moderately noisy fan to help block background noise and I taped black felt on my bedroom windows. The felt was $.97 a sheet at Walmart and I needed about 5 sheets per window. Was much cheaper than buying really good blackout curtains and it didn't look at all shabby from the street side of the windows.

To this day I cannot sleep without a fan. It is an excellent white noise producer and really blocks out a lot of outside noise for light sleepers!

davidj96

Well I'm not a police officer yet but someday I'd sure love to be and I cant wait wait until that day arrives! Anyways, there's quite a few ways to block out light and restrict sounds to a minimum. You could perhaps purchase blackout curtains, that'll allow no sunshine to pass through, and perhaps keep a sign posted on your front door that warns others you are possibly asleep and do not want to be disturbed.

ic3squid

When I worked nights, I used to run a moderately noisy fan to help block background noise and I taped black felt on my bedroom windows. The felt was $.97 a sheet at Walmart and I needed about 5 sheets per window. Was much cheaper than buying really good blackout curtains and it didn't look at all shabby from the street side of the windows.

To this day I cannot sleep without a fan. It is an excellent white noise producer and really blocks out a lot of outside noise for light sleepers!

This, covering up your windows with something and turning on the TV or leaving your fan on is the way to go, your brain gets tricked into thinking that you are going to sleep at night time.

GemmaRowlands

You have to have heavy blinds, as that can make the room look completely black even in the middle of the day. If you're not able to do this, then you could find that an eye mask would work just as well. Ear plugs are also a great idea if you're struggling to get to sleep, and you can get some that are almost unnoticeable so they wouldn't keep you awake.

sharpayvargas1

When I was working in a call center with a night shift, it was really hard to me sleep at day time. Just the fact that all the people around me were awake while I was sleeping, made me uncomfortable. I felt like they were normal and that I didn't belong. It's a good thing the job didn't last that long or I'm probably dead by now due to lack of sleep. Or worse, it could have turned my skin ugly.

Profit5500

I usually turn off my fan and my TV and hit the hay. I have to help my dad save up on the bill. My room is not facing the sun so its okay to me.

shilpa123

I thinnk the best thing to do is use bugs in the ear to avoid sound. Also it is always better to pull down all your curtains before sleping. I would lways prefer to sleep at least for six hours straight to get my complete sleep.

Sharr

I know this is going to sound ludicrous, but it works. I play a CD of bedtime stories, read by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Or some other soft spoken CD that will lull you to sleep. It works every time! I'm a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and I use this with clients that suffer from insomnia or graveyard shifts. Worth a shot.

primalclaws1974

I am not a police officer, but I have worked overnight. I am not that sensitive to light, so closing the blinds is enough. My issue is more about daytime noise. The cacophony seems like a marching band when you want quiet! I run a box fan on medium. The dull sound is not only soothing, but the local noise cancels out the outer sound.