St. Louis officer suspended for rant

askanison

A St Louis officer speaking before a group called Oath Takers was recorded as he went on a rant saying people in domestic violence cases should stop wasting the time of the police and just go on and kill each other. He went on to say he was a killer and if any of them showed up in front of him they would be killed. Wow! Granted this was months before the problems in Ferguson arose, but he really should have thought before he spoke.

Video

stevesxs9

I agree with what you say about the officer. Unfortunately this is the kind of thing that gets magnified. It's not the good things that are said and done, it's comments like those that gets the headlines.

Kate

A St Louis officer speaking before a group called Oath Takers was recorded as he went on a rant saying people in domestic violence cases should stop wasting the time of the police and just go on and kill each other. He went on to say he was a killer and if any of them showed up in front of him they would be killed. Wow!

I just read a report about this and it was a whole lot more than saying people should kill each other, too. He bashed groups and people that you just don't bash in public when you're in a position of authority or semi-authority.

It was creepy... and he said he has killed people. Only he's never been involved in an officer-involved killing, so... ??? Those are the things they're investigating, surely. His chief has said he would have fired him if an investigation wouldn't be mandatory.

KrustyKrabella

That really is terrible. I guess there's terribleness from all walks of life, though. He definitely deserves the suspension, and I hope he loses his job. People with disgusting opinions like that have no business protecting and serving their communities.

askanison

What really stands out is he obviously knows he is being filmed. He talks straight to the camera many times. I don't see how he thought this would be a good idea. They say later he has never even been involved in an incident where he has had to shoot someone. I think perhaps he was trying to show out a bit for this group and come across as a real bad a** kind of cop. It backfired on him very badly.

Profit5500

A St Louis officer speaking before a group called Oath Takers was recorded as he went on a rant saying people in domestic violence cases should stop wasting the time of the police and just go on and kill each other. He went on to say he was a killer and if any of them showed up in front of him they would be killed. Wow! Granted this was months before the problems in Ferguson arose, but he really should have thought before he spoke.

Video
He is a idiot who was a Green Beret from what I found out. I would have thought from someone who was in the military and then became a police officer would have had more sense then that. I am glad he was suspended from the force there is no need for someone like that.

bala

He is a racist and sub-intelligenct and acc to me he should be fired,because he really had to be one to call Pres. Obama an alien.
Off topic :why is that when black community decide to protest, looting is always the first thing that happens.It makes you ponder if they are passionate for a cause or as in stated..thieving.

DancingLady

Wow, talk about making people afraid of cops. So basically what he said tells a woman that if her husband abuses her, she shouldn't try to get help, shouldn't bother calling the cops and having him arrested. What on earth!! Enough people have trust issues when it comes to police because unfortunately there are a few bad apples and the bad apples have done a lot of damage and been in the news. This guy is sure a trouble maker, I hope they decide to let him go, he needs a career change.

Kate

He is a idiot who was a Green Beret from what I found out. I would have thought from someone who was in the military and then became a police officer would have had more sense then that.

Yes, I read this, too... that the statement about killing people was because he was former military and he wasn't talking about after becoming an officer. But I can't see that it makes a difference because... well, like you said, @Profit5500 , it makes no sense to think it would be a good idea to say something like that on top of the other things he said.

js85

That's too bad. I respect anybody's freedom of speech, but I think when you're using your podium of profession as a way to make your opinion heard, you should face the discipline of putting your opinions out where they don't belong. There are things that I would say about my work at home, but I wouldn't dare say at work. There's a time and place for things - it isn't a matter of free speech, but appropriateness and professionalism.

urbanletter

This was a very idiotic officer who truly showed why he should not have the honor of wearing a badge. The psych exams must be outdated and needing an overhaul. Because I cannot understand how all these nutcases and racist fools pass and become 'Peace Officers'. It's starting too seem like a joke or a conspiracy.

LuckyGirl08

This is just an example that most people become a police officer just to kill people and get away with it. This "officer" should be charged with murder for every person that he has killed while on duty. He is clearly admitting to killing citizens on purpose and does not even care about it.

helaofthenorns

Seeing that the person who was suspended is a police officer, he should have kept his opinions to himself or to his relatives. He should have been mindful about what he was saying because it could be seen as a conflict of interest.

Muthoni

I guess that when someone gets pushed too much, they snap or break if they cannot bend. I guess this policeman had reached his limit that even his professional training could not help him. We must remember that we are all human and no one is immune to too much pressure.