The pedagogy of a ticket

Peninha

Anyone ever got a ticket? I bet we all at least got one right? What was the lesson learned, follow the rules and you'll be fine, so tickets are effective indeed.

Any comments on this?

Ricardo187

I've got two tickets up to this day, all for speeding. One in the city, because I was driving 63kmph on a 50kmph road, and another on country road, for driving 110kmph on a 90kmph road. Most of French roads are so easy to speed at though...

bala

I have a close shave to being booked many times for excessive speeding,driving without a helmet and when the cop takes away my keys,i take out my other set and drive away.
I have been ticketed twice and one of them was for driving without a license..:p
and the other was speeding...I was hitting the gas hard and clocked 110kmph where the limit was 80Kmph..:D
I have learnt a lesson.."How to escape" when you are about to be booked..:p

ic3squid

I've had a lot of close encounters when speeding, I was going at like 70 on a 65 motorway and then I saw a speed camera sign up ahead but I didn't really acknowledge it. Luckily my friend told me and I immediately slowed down, they really want to crack down on these speeders on the motorways..

Determined2014

I have gotten two tickets one was a citation for driving 80m per hour instead of 65miles per hour.The officer was good enough to give me a citation which is cheaper than a ticket, the other one was a sound pollution one because my muffler was loud.

ic3squid

I have gotten two tickets one was a citation for driving 80m per hour instead of 65miles per hour.The officer was good enough to give me a citation which is cheaper than a ticket, the other one was a sound pollution one because my muffler was loud.

Well, those police officers who always let you go off are actually doing more good, I believe that giving a citation will be more of a "warning" than giving a ticket. It may sound weird but it's true...

Vivat

I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm painfully aware it's impossible to do good forever. I only hope that when I get pulled over, I'll get let off.

Also, to ic3squid - I think that by sympathizing, you are in fact giving a better and more effective warning that way. It probably creates a subconscious association that makes people feel more guilty if they do break the law later.