Doulachic79

I say, get rid of the sagging pants. After all, the roots of this behaviors really don't have innocent intentions. I won't go into the detail of that, but I will say that it should be happening. There are clothes that are beyond improper, but since this thread is solely discussing sagging of the pants, I'm sticking to that. I'm also in Florida and thrilled about the banning of this practice.

In public schools, wearing hooded sweatshirts are also not allowed due to the Trayvon Martin incident. Although my son was upset, we discussed the reasoning for the new policy and he understood it is to protect him, not to infringe upon his rights.

ItsZiggy

It doesn't violate any constitutional law to fine someone for sagging their pants too low, if anything they're lucky it's just a fine because in a lot of places it can be seen as public indecency.

Rob93FL

While I think that sagging pants is a stupid-looking style, I don't think that people should be arrested for it. As long as the person has underwear on, who cares? If you don't like it, don't look.

bravetran

I don't see why anyone would be upset about this?
Is the person indecently exposing himself? Is the person keeping the peace? If the answer to the two following questions is no and yes respectfully than I don't see why there is a problem. Personal style choices are just that; when does banning saggy pants turn into banning hoodies, or turns into banning women from showing any skin without their own personal choice coming into account? I feel like this is a way to attack different cultures and those of different backgrounds which to me is just wrong.

Vivat

Indecent exposure is indecent exposure - Why is this a problem? If you do this, why would you think this is a good idea? What part about having sagging pants makes it easier at anything?

davidj96

I wish this law was in compliance in Georgia.Ever since I was in middle school I have seen people sagging their pants everyday. What is so cool about showing your boxers off to the world? I will never understand that or how it even got it's start because it's so ridiculous! Please bring this law to Georgia, we seriously need it, especially at the high schools.

lei

Wow, why do people even wear sagging pants? I heard it was a sign that they were a thug because in jail they wear no belts? Anyways, seeing boys booty is not attractive. So pull up them pants around me, or scram. Also, as for getting arrested? I think that is too much.

Dixons

Why wouldn't this be allowed? I honestly think it should. However the law is the law and people will have to either adapt or do something about it. In my personal opinion something like this shouldn't have passed in the first place.

bala

There are some revealing outfits for women and i really don't see anyone complaining,the fashion sense evolves slowly over time and this looks like a great wear.As long as you don't have shaggy under wears and some dirty skin(no racials..),yo ucan wear sagging pants..No problem with me..I would wear it..

kaitheteen

I don't really mind people that have their pants on their ankles. If they like it that way, who am I to judge them.

Muthoni

I know that everybody has a right to wear what they want. I do not like the look of someone with sagging pants; it looks so irresponsible, besides most guys who wear saggy jeans keep pulling them up. Honesty it is an eyesore to interact with someone wearing saggy pants. Maybe only persons in a certain age group would understand the fashion sense in sagging pants.

headmaster

I am fully supportive of such measures and hope it will happen in my area soon. I confess that my fashion sense was not all that when I was younger, but showing off unsightly underwear was never our thing.

FloridaBurn

Every time I see someone who has their pants sagging, I want to unzip my pants and undue the button and let the front of my underwear show. My wife is really afraid that I am really going to do this. Or take a brownie and mark up my underwear as if it has a skid mark on it and let them sag :)

PhilA

Every time I see someone who has their pants sagging, I want to unzip my pants and undue the button and let the front of my underwear show. My wife is really afraid that I am really going to do this. Or take a brownie and mark up my underwear as if it has a skid mark on it and let them sag :)

haha that an awesome couple of ideas, im always tempted to just give them a tag and help their pants the rest of the way down.

I like the council idea though, it is socially offensive and needs a punishment

stevesxs9

I agree that the sagging pants law is needed, but I also agree with one poster about some outfits that some people wear are in violation of the dress code, but seems like it's never talked about or enforced.

underdog

I just wish this was more a female trend than a male trend. I wouldn't mind seeing some nice looking girls let a little more hang out. On the other hand it probably would not be the girls that I would want to see who would follow the trend.

thong.jpggirls_in_thongs.jpg

Although I would not want my daughter to take on this style (she is 3 1/2 years old so I am sure the trend would fade out before she would want to follow it):D

Whitewolf2578

That is by far the best law I have seen in my life. I hope they get it here in California because I am tired of seeing people having their dirty boxers hanging out of their pants like it is cool. That is air pollution right there. I try to explain to them that it came from when they had to keep prisoners and slaves from running away, but apparently people think it is still super cool to be ghetto.

Profit5500

I am fully supportive of such measures and hope it will happen in my area soon. I confess that my fashion sense was not all that when I was younger, but showing off unsightly underwear was never our thing.
I went to school and all I saw amongst the guys was sagging pants. I think some girls paid no mind to it. I just think some people look ridiculous that way and I don't need to see their nasty looking behinds with the underwear showing. Besides if you go to a job interview that way you would be turned down.