Welsh Police adds marked tractor to crime-fighting fleet

askanison

An innovative police force has unveiled a new weapon in its fight against crime in rural Wales, a marked tractor with flashing blue lights. Nice ride :)
Police_tractor_2983719b.jpg

askanison

Can double as a SWAT vehicle to knock down bar doors....

No really it is being used in a small town at fairs to show support for the local PD

cjdatk

Looks like after there done with the patrol they go home and plow the fields. Looks like a big waste of money just like what happens in the US

Determined2014

That is very different,I have never heard of a tractor in the police line of vehicles,but I guess it was needed, I wonder how fast it can go, maybe faster than the regular tractors,that is a good and different idea.

bala

Tractor as a police vehicle..? Weird..When they have those swanky cars and bikes why would they opt for a tractor.
They were quoted as saying.."Dyfed-Powys Police will not be chasing criminals in the novelty vehicle, but hope it will encourage public engagement at agricultural events over the summer."
What a waste of money...sigh..!!

ic3squid

That looks like something Wales would invest in. Seriously? What a waste.

Well, it's not something that is wasteful, probably only a few of these police tractors are made.

Plus, there are far more worse things to worry about rather than the investment of a few police tractors.

ItsZiggy

Assuming any car chases that take place are all under 20mph, this new addition should do very well.

stevesxs9

I agree that it maybe used in soggy marshland areas to keep from getting bogged down when pursuing criminals on the run.