What is the first thing that you do when you wake up?

shilpa123

I think it is always best to do something positive when you wake up as it can really motivate you for the rest of the day. The first thing that I do is look out into the beautiful nature and gain some kind of energy from it.*

Morvack

Take a swig of soda. Check my email. Check my clash of clans. Read the breakfast topic for wow insider. Maybe read a news article if I see an interesting one. A shower is part of my routine as well. I really like your idea for a morning ritual.

calebmelvern

I exercise and meditate. These two things never fail at pumping me up to challenge the day ahead. They put me in a good mood and just make me feel better overall.

nikkilsvgs

The first thing I do when I wake up is smoke a cigerrette, take a swig of soda and take the dog out. Nothing like a cold blast of air right now to get you woke up!

Justice

I lay in the bed for a few more minutes while browsing on my phone (on instagram or my bible app). Then, I go to the bathroom and wash my face. Last but certainly not least, I go to the kitchen in cook breakfast.

GlacialDoom

Stop my alarm. Grab my school bag which I prepared the evening before and move it to the living room. Eat there while watching TV. When the time for leaving comes, I get dressed quickly and I leave for high school. I do this monday to friday, and it's kinda become a ritual for me.

Morvack

These give so many ideas. I think I might start eating breakfast. Pankcakes, bacon, so win combo :D. Maybe a microwave burger if I don't feel like cooking.

DancingLady

I drink a glass of water right away to help wake myself up and get hydrated for the day, then I start breakfast and take a shower.

primalclaws1974

It is hard for me to positive first thing in the morning, because that is when I am the most emotional. I have a routine of taking my pills, feed the cat, start coffee, and wake up the kids for school. It gets better as I talk to the kids. It really gets better when the caffeine kicks in.

btripp2

The first thing I do is make a plan to run straight to the shower so that I actually get up and stay awake. If showering is not the very first thing, it is going to be hard to motivate my to get out of bed.

jeremy2

I think it is always best to do something positive when you wake up as it can really motivate you for the rest of the day. The first thing that I do is look out into the beautiful nature and gain some kind of energy from it.*

The first thing i do after i wake up is thank the creator for giving me another chance to marvel at his creation and for blessing me with life at a time when the world is in chaos and one is not sure about tomorrow.After that i stretch a bit to get my body in shape and head for the shower before taking a light breakfast.

Rob93FL

The first thing I do is browse the front page of Reddit to get my news for the day. After that, I shower, find something to eat, and then head to the gym before class and work.

Nate5

Sorry for being a downer here, but I'm just not a morning person. I wake up, brush my teeth, and rush to catch the bus because I overslept. Then I sleep on the bus, which is great because my destination is the last stop. Good on some of you for getting exercise in the morning though. That takes real discipline, and I honestly wish I had that. I do most of my exercise and showering at night.

cranberry87

The first thing I do is shut off the annoying alarm clock and soon after I realize that my daughter decided to wake up at 5 A.M. as usual. This means that I have to find her in the house because that's her way of a good morning joke. She keeps it exciting by giving me a daily morning heart attack by jumping out from behind a door or from a closet.

TonyMHFan

As soon as I wake up I just lay back and think of all I have to do the rest of the day, if anything. Then I'll fumble around for my glasses and then start on the everyday stuff like bathroom going, any tidying up that needs done, etc.