What is the upper age limit for hiring a law enforcement officer?

Dixons

It might be tricky. Do you have any past experience in any sort of public security or law enforcement jobs at all? If so that would definitely increase your chances. I heard it varies a lot by department as well.

Dunkel

Like @Dixons said @headmaster

Here's an example of what I would do if I were in Los Angeles:

I would go to JoinLAPD: College Students and I can see that I could apply. I would get in contact to get more information and get in top notch physical/mental state so I could ace the exam.

So to add a little bit more: It just depends. And like @Dixons said, "It might be tricky". But please don't give up a hope, at least give it a try.

Whitewolf2578

I believe it depends on the location and the department you will be applying for. Like you here in California in my area, it says you can be 36 and still apply to work for the Highway Patrol, 40 might be too old though. You are just gonna have to risk it and apply.

stevesxs9

It does vary from what I hear. In some places its 32yrs old but could be increased to 36 if you are a qualified veteran the limit could be increased by 4 years.

True2marie

I hope no one 40 and over is trying to join the police force for the first time unless he (or she) is a triathlete. Besides being mentally demanding, law enforcement is obviously physically demanding. And let's face it, after 30, your body begins to change. You can wake up from a good night's sleep with a back ache. So, I just don't know about middle aged people suddenly wanting to be be police officers.