What "minor" laws do you break?

primalclaws1974

I am sure there are things that you do, if someone really wanted to push the issue, could wind you up in some kind of criminal proceedings. People exaggerate or downplay their circumstances to help in their taxes. A lot of people will sample produce, like grapes, before deciding whether or not to buy it. Many download copyright material, but consider it a victimless crime. Speeding, loitering and jaywalking are common occurrences, that no one seems the harm in it. How many of these do you commit? Do you believe any of it to be wrong, or worthy of getting you into trouble?

milyjohnson

I admit that I do jaywalk when I don't feel like waiting for the light to turn red. It seems like a harmless thing to do. I make sure not to do it when I see a cop car though. That may be the one time that they decide to pull over and give me a ticket for it. I also got on the subway without validating my ticket. The transit cops ended up giving me a ticket. I was so scared because I thought I was going to get in trouble.

weepforsweep

I step on the grass when there's a sign saying don't step on the grass. Sometimes I'll speed if I'm in a hurry or jaywalk. You gotta rebel sometime in your life. Please don't report me :) .

stevesxs9

I've had a couple of speeding tickets over the years and a few jaywalking and fished on some private property a few times, but other than that nothing else.

Peachdejour

I'm fairly sure I have broken a couple minor laws just being the generally absent minded person that I am. I know I have broken the no trespassing law a few times, but I've always known the family and they'd be unlikely to press charges. I'm sure I've taken a smoke break too close to the front of many buildings. I'm sure that trash has probably fallen out of my car because my daughter is like a Texas tornado. I seriously don't understand how one child can destroy a backseat they way she does. Aw heck, I'm a hot mess.

primalclaws1974

I used to throw trash out of my car window when I was a young adult. My mom always did it when I was a kid, and although I knew you could get a small fine, I felt that it wasn't really "wrong" to litter. Today, I am more concerned about the environment than a insignificant fine, and the only thing I throw out is biodegradable food, such as apple cores.
Trespassing is something I take seriously, in terms of going into buildings, but I am not against mushrooming in a private timber, or walking into a farmer's field, if I am trying to see something. I did this the other day, while filming eagles. Technically, it was trespassing, but I wanted those shots!

Peachdejour

Someone used to tell it wasn't littering if you say "opps" when you did it! ha! I grew up out in the country so walking through a neighbors field or woods wasn't too much to think about and they weren't like to be mad. Now, in the city, you don't go scooting through peoples yards. Just the other day, we caught three teenagers taking a short cut up next to our garage and down our driveway. It was a good thing my bf was minding the dog, or they would have been trampled and licked to death. I had no idea that the fences don't connect back there and these kids go through there everyday. My bf made sure to tell them not to do it again knowing that I wouldn't be able to stop the dog if I were the one outside next time. Kids were probably scared stiff.

Mackmax

Nice try, FBI. Lol!
But minor laws that I have broken was selling candy without a permit in 4th grade(I had my own candy selling business that was actually very profitable), speeding, and perhaps littering from time to time.

shilpa123

There were times when I took money from my parents without telling them, hence I suppose I have broken the law at some point of time. I do not think it is such a serious offence.

primalclaws1974

This may not be exactly a "minor" crime, but the way I used to get punished by my mom would definitely have put her in jail today. Many people agree that "sparing the rod spoils the child", and that they were in no way abused by their parents, but would they dare try the same thing on their own kids today? Almost certainly not. If they do spank their kids, they probably don't tell anyone, because who knows if it would be considered a crime or not. I occasionally spank my own kids, but not very often. I just don't think it's an effective consequence.

LitoLawless

I've gotten a ticket for jaywalking before, but I still tend to jaywalk (after I look around to see if there are any cops around, of course). Beside that, I don't think that there are any other minor laws that I tend to break.

GemmaRowlands

I try not to break any laws, and the only one that I think I break is occasionally speeding. It is only ever when it is late at night and there is nobody else on the road, and even then I don't do it on purpose. It tends to happen because I'm not being slowed down by other traffic, so it is far too easy to just forget about it and go a little faster than you really should. I know it is still wrong, but even so, just sometimes you can't really help it completely.

Peninha

My minor law breaking situations are traffic related, mostly parking and speeding, but nothing dangerous. :)

Kittyworker

I rather not admit to any of the laws I have broken as I'm sure there are a few that I could still be charged with. :p

Instead I'll reveal some of my husbands! Pirates movies, music, books... Jaywalks, speeds, and illegal parking are just some. Neither of us has done anything that would warrant our being arrested.

Peninha

Haha, and in you are in the wrong place to do it kitty! :D

Yeah, my wife does that as well, she pirates movies, but we do enjoy watching them. :)

bala

I do break laws,but more importantly,i get annoyed when I see people dropping litter next to the garbage cans. Or people running stop signs.it makes me mad and i hate to see it,though i too do it sometimes.

mrsbright

Well, I do stream movies and TV shows from shady sites, but now I've got Netflix, so I'm mostly redeemed. I've gone over speed limits on highway (because please) and drunk alcohol in public places like the beach and the park and wherever people made a group to have fun. Luckily, these are not really gonna be a problem in Germany. Here, I'm probably more guilty when I make some noise after 10PM, however unintentional that might be!

fliktor7

Far time ago, when I was a teenager, some cops take our data because we are drinking alcohol on the street (in my country that is not legal) but they only told us to don't do it agan and since then (it has been like 10 years ago) I haven't received any letter abouth that incident.

js85

I speed... and sometimes I throw garbage in my recycling bin if my garbage bin is too full. Is that illegal? I don't even know..

primalclaws1974

I have pirated too, and I have gotten warning letters more than once from my ISP that the owners of the movie knew I did. I was threatened to lose my internet if it happened again. I am guessing after a time, they either forget, or you get it erased from your record. I have gotten at least three over the years. To me, this is enough of a punishment. I would really be shut down if I lost my internet. There are not many options here for other ISP.