What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Catson

I would most likely give it all away, or use it to benefit others. Sure, I'd be tempted to spend some for myself no doubt. Though, it does feel better to use that money in virtuous ways.

bala

You want me to be honest..?? Good i Will.I am a Rotarian and believe in the joy of sharing.I would donated 40% of it to the club and use it for social welfare activities and for the development of those under developed areas.
I really would love to do much,but cash seems the biggest problem..
So when can i come over to get the monies..?? :p :p

stevesxs9

First I would take 250 thousand dollars and deposit in high interest account. Next I invest 100 thousand
dollars each in well established companies such as Mcdonalds,Coca Cola, Home Depot, Apple, and Microsoft.

Then I would donate 250 thousand dollars to children's charity. and the last 250 thousand dollars would be
for home improvement and to help family members with their essential needs.

cpefley

You have no idea! I am so poor. I have 5 kids and am a single mom. I would buy a house, a car, my 16 year old a car, and put away money for their college.

ic3squid

I would get myself a good lawyer and financial advisor, then I'd follow what he says and invest some into stocks, put some into the bank, get a reasonable sized house and car, I don't really want to live a life of luxury... just a comfortable life.

Rob93FL

Invest, invest, invest. I'd set aside a small chunk of it for fun, a small chunk for one of my dream cars, and the rest would go into investing and savings.

askanison

Retire lol. I would travel. I have some many places I would love to see and try their local food. I would buy a small house pay up the taxes for ages and just see the world. Of course I would help my family, pay off their homes and cars perhaps. Family is all you have in this world after all.

Ricardo187

I'd help my family and get myself settled up with a decent house and a car. The rest I'll either invest or put up in savings. 1 millions dollars isn't enough to buy that much of a big house here at France neither though, so I wouldn't go too far with it.

Vivat

Invest, buy assets, etc: Get richer, build a constant reliable capital that I can spend on things that I can enjoy, donate some of it from time to time to charities, and so forth.

Probably try to raise it to a good sum so I can give money to space exploration and all that sweet sounding jazz.

dariel2323

$400,000 invest/save for future
$300,000 get all family out of debt
$100,000 travel the world with family and friends
$200,000 charities / fundraisers

Determined2014

If I had a million dollars, I would invest half of it in stocks and different things, I would donate 20 percent of it to a foundation that supports widows, then I would pay my bills with the rest buy me some stuff and keep working.

ItsZiggy

I'll admit I'm a pretty selfish person, but I suppose sometimes you have to be in order to keep your head above water. I would give a good amount to my parents to start, then I'd pay my way through college, buy a house and a car, then live off whatever's left for the rest of the foreseeable future.

wulfman

I would invest it in real estate, buy land and then whatever profit I make live off of it and anything more open and fund my own charity.

I am with you, OP. Money, so they say, is the root of all evil today. (Didn't mean to quote Pink Floyd there, it just sort of happened [:) Well, really, it is love of money that is the true root of all evil. But still, if I suddenly acquired that sort of money without earning it, I wouldn't feel comfortable just hoarding it all, or spending it all on myself and maybe just those people close to me. I would definitely have to use it help others.

There is so much wealth in this world, especially in this country, there really is no excuse for people to have to live in poverty an famine. But the said fact is, a million dollars definitely isn't what it used to be. So really, I think the best thing to do with it would be to invest it in some way so that it could grow, and then to use that money to help the less fortunate.. Perhaps even using it to start a business which would be profitable, yet still helped people. I think that would be the best way to go.

Of course, it is easy to say that for most people. It would be much harder to actually do it once you had the money.

headmaster

I would at first by two homes with one being at the coast. Then I would invest some of the money in trusts for my children. I would splurge on new cars for me and my wife and finally go on a splendid vacation with my family.

helaofthenorns

I would half in the bank. The other half, I would use it to build an animal shelter. It has always been my dream to run a shelter for animals who have been abused and need loving homes.

kissk

One of the most responsible things, for me, would be to create a foundation of sorts in order to have a board of trustees to help manage the funds. That would protect the funds from being spent irresponsibly!! I would not tell anyone about the funds like friends and family. Most would beg me to give them money and I would be tempted to give it all away!! I would see this gift as an investment, first!!

Muthoni

I am adding again to this thread, what I will do with the new fortune. First I will make sure to clear any pending debts like the money I owe my mom. I will buy a nice house for me and a car to go with it. I will also set a fund for my retirement. With the remaining money, I will help a less fortunate person or persons if I am able to.