What would you do if you had a million dollars?

LuckyGirl08

The first thing that I would do is buy my mother the best tomb stone that I can find. Then I would have my father a house built and buy him the vehicle that he wants. I would also do the same for mother-in-law and my brother and sister. Of course I will have my own place and the car I want. I will give a lot to charity in order to help people out. I would also try to open up my own organization to help women who can not conceive naturally.

Rainman

A million dollars right now isn't a lot of money. Try spending it like there's no tomorrow and you'd be broke before the end of the year. If I had a million dollars, I'd probably spend 90% of that money buying rental property which will guarantee me an income until the day I sleep. The remaining 10% would be for me to take a world cruise and hand whatever remains [after my trip] to the nearest orphanage.

joshua minaya

If i had a million dollars the first thing i would do is to pay my tithe because that way i will be showing gratitude to God. I will then invest in real estate and go into a bit of manufacturing i believe that will make sense to me.

dostava

If I got the money out of the blue, I'd likely find some projects I like on the internet and give the owners mini donations. I would use a smaller portion of it to get my mother a new car. I don't think I'd get overly tempted to spend it all on myself - I don't even know what exactly I'd get myself anyway.

headmaster

With all that amount! I will make sure that i support the needy people on the planet,do all i can do to have a dignified life and lastly eradicate poverty in my entire family.

Josie

I would buy a small home on the lake, figure out how much I would need to live out the rest of our lives simply and without worry, give my kids enough to get started in life (if I had crazy millions, I'd make sure they were taken care of the rest of their lives) and use the rest to help others.

dyanmarie25

I would just buy a beautiful home for my family, spend a little bit on material things such as books, clothes, food, etc., build a small business, and put some money in the bank. Then of course, I would also donate about $200,000 to good cause.

bala

Invest, invest, invest. I'd set aside a small chunk of it for fun, a small chunk for one of my dream cars, and the rest would go into investing and savings.
Dude High fives..:p Was thinking of just that.:D
Btw what exactly do you mean by a chunk.? Also not many supers fall within the "chunk part".I am assuming "chunk" as maybe a quarter million..ok.? :p

Diane Lane

I would first pay off debts, then buy a modest home and vehicle for myself. I'd help family and friends, but of course a million these days isn't all that much, so I would set a chunk aside for a business that would ensure some future income. Most likely I would partner up with a friend and do some real estate flips...nothing huge, but enough to turn a decent profit, so the future would be more secure, and in turn, I would use some of that money to help others, because I do that regardless of my financial state.

Key343

If I had a million dollars I would probably give a lot of it to my family. Buy a nice home pay it off and pay off my car. Then I think I would give the rest to like a cancer facility or something. I would do that because money changes a person. It really does and fake friendships start when you have money and I don't have time for that. I would spend it on worthless things anyways. I might as well give to a someone who would actually use it.

GlacialDoom

While I'd like to think that I'd donate all or most of it to charity, I know myself, and I can say that I would probably invest in some huge company shares, buy myself a nice house, and then keep the rest for fun.

FuZyOn

Well, I am quite frugal with my money so I currently don't have any debt (I have a car, house and insurance all paid).
I would probably just travel, since I want to visit most of the countries until I die. With 1 million dollars I could visit a lot of countries, especially since I don't have money problems.

IshieVonDyson

While I'd like to think that I'd donate all or most of it to charity, I know myself, and I can say that I would probably invest in some huge company shares, buy myself a nice house, and then keep the rest for fun.

Sounds pretty much like what I’d do. Definitely find a way to make that money work for me, because a million isn’t that much these days and a lot of it would go toward taxes.

If I do have any fun money left, I’d use it to travel. I have some online friends I’d love to meet in person. We could do a tour of Europe, that would be so awesome.

mairj23

First off I would by me a house and car. Second, I would give my family members some money to help them, also a few friends. Bank the rest of it and let it grow.

Rosyrain

I would also be in the camp of getting a financial advisor and an attorney. People will start to come out of the woodwork if they found out you had that kind of money and you would probably start to get a lot of calls from people wanting your money and lying with bogus claims. I would first do what I need to do with the money and then find some good charities to donate too. That may sound kind of selfish to some, but if I were ever fortunate enough to run into that kind of money, certainly fate would be involved.

Diane Lane

Since this is hypothetical, I'm going to assume the million dollars is after taxes :D. In addition to what I already posted, I would donate some money to Texas Equusearch. I have great respect to Tim Miller and the organization. They do amazing things, and have made a big difference in many lives through their participation in investigations. In addition to mounted search and rescues, they also provide assistance with marine search and rescues. Texas Equusearch

Josie

OH! I don't know why I thought it said millionS.. plural lol. I'd invest too.. a million is not a lot.

IshieVonDyson

I would also be in the camp of getting a financial advisor and an attorney. People will start to come out of the woodwork if they found out you had that kind of money and you would probably start to get a lot of calls from people wanting your money and lying with bogus claims. I would first do what I need to do with the money and then find some good charities to donate too. That may sound kind of selfish to some, but if I were ever fortunate enough to run into that kind of money, certainly fate would be involved.

Nah, that’s not selfish at all, that’s good sense. Plus I hardly think anyone who would consider donating to charities could be considered selfish.

One non-profit I would definitely donate to would be where I volunteer, Rainbow Friends Animal Sanctuary. It’s a no-kill shelter for dogs and cats. Volunteering there has been so good for my soul, and I believe so much in their cause, I’d love to be able to repay them for what they do.

Onionman

A million dollars doesn't really go that far in this day and age. I think if I won a million I would probably put it aside for a few months or up to a year to think about it. That way I would have time to think about the decision, while also benefiting from interest that I could earn on it. I would probably give money to my family and put money away for the future.

If I had a million dollars? I would give 10% to 10 worthy charities. (not sure which ones right now) Then I would set up 9 trust funds 1 for each of my grandchildren. I would them pay off all my bills and pay 2 years in advance on things like electric, phone..etc Next I would divide the remainder 3 ways (me,Oldest and youngest sons). I would use mine to remold my little house, they could do what they wanted with theirs.