When working out what do you think of?

shamanas

I usually have music and focus on nothing in particular.
On particularly difficult exercise I actually think "breathe, breathe" to myself as I have the bad habit for holding my breath when under serious pressure.
I've been doing better lately though ;)

Mackmax

I watch tv or listen to music when I work out. This just keeps me entertained and distracts me from how tired and sweaty I am, lol. I've found that the less I think about it, the longer I can go on before collapsing from exhaustion. I sometimes keep a picture of my dream body on or near the exercise equipment as an inspiration, and to remind me why I'm even working out in the first place.

Gelsemium

When I am working out I try not to think on anything, just focus on what I am doing because if I start wandering I lose my focus and the workout is not as good.

LitoLawless

When I'm working out I think of the body that I want to have. It's what keeps me going and it helps me keep my eyes on my goal. I also think about pushing myself, and feeling the weight leave my body.

Rob93FL

The only thing on my mind when I'm working out is maintaining proper form, maintaining proper breathing, and fully contracting the muscle(s) I'm using. I can't think of anything else when I'm moving heavy weights around. I do like to listen to music, though.

Kittyworker

I sometimes watch a movie, read a book, or play a game on my tablet. I found playing card games like spades, hearts, or Gin really helped me not think about running or biking. I just get in a grove and let my legs do what they will. This is of course on a stationary bike or treadmill. I do a lot of ocean swimming so a lot of the time I am thinking about avoiding waves and am being mindful I don't get caught in a current and taken out too far.

mrsbright

Well, when I jog, I either put my attention to my breathing, counting them and making sure they are deep and regular, or to my posture. Sometimes I just let my mind drift though, for the sake of enjoying the experience. When I do other kind of exercise, I usually focus on whether I make the movements right.

piez

I used to listen to heavy music. Usually music that I knew would get me pumped up and in the mood for lifting. On occasion I would listen to music that would make me angry or think about something that made me angry so that I could perform at my peak and get those weights up. I feel that whatever works best for you is what you should do.

Gelsemium

When I work out above all I enjoy myself because I love working out. I also think that I am improving my health, so it's basically a win-win situation. :)

shilpa123

It is always nice to think about something good happening rather than being sad as it helps a person to become a better person. It is great of you think about all the happy moment of your life while working out. It cannot be any better than that.

Rosyrain

I try not to think of anything while I am working out other than the task at hand. I do not like for my mind to wander to things that might stress me out and so the best thing to do is not think at all.

KenBrace

Banned
I'm usually either thinking about how good it feels to get out of my office chair and into the outdoors for a workout, or I'm focusing on the muscle burn while doing reps.

OGRICHBOI

Music is a key factor in my workout. Without it, I feel unmotivated to pump iron or just go faster in general. It has something to do with my mind and how it speeds up my heartbeat. When working out, I think of how strong I am becoming.

marcamm

I think of the results and the outcome the workout will do for me. I tend to always imagine the benefits of working out. For example, I don't feel like working out, I think about the its health benefits. I usually say to myself: "If I continue to workout, I'll be healthier; I won't get chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. This way I'll be able to save more money and buy all the things I want like a brand new luxury car."

I'm motivated the most by this idea. It may not work for others though. It's a matter of personal preference.

Gelsemium

I usually try not to think on anything and just concentrate on the exercise, this way I get better results. If my mind goes away I don't work out as well.