Why do cops tailgate speeding drivers to "provoke" them to speed more?

askanison

I was pulled over after an officer did that to me. He rode my tail for about 5 miles even after I changed lanes. I touched my brakes twice and up came the lights. He got out in a huff and proceeded to chew me out for wreckless driving. My wife had been videoing the whole thing with her phone. When I told him I had him on video tailgating me for more than 3 miles he got back in his car and left.

Profit5500

I was pulled over after an officer did that to me. He rode my tail for about 5 miles even after I changed lanes. I touched my brakes twice and up came the lights. He got out in a huff and proceeded to chew me out for wreckless driving. My wife had been videoing the whole thing with her phone. When I told him I had him on video tailgating me for more than 3 miles he got back in his car and left.
Ouch he got pwned at that moment. Good thing your wife had the phone or else there would not have been any proof that he tailgated you.

Ricardo187

Do you really think there are cameras for the cops in India..? :p..Absolutely NO,a big NO
Well,that applies here,and that was the reason i could think of for them chasing us..:D

Well, I understand that can be it in third world countries but in first world ones there's no reason for them to do that at all.