A Warmer Shade of Blue, A Book About the Good Things Cops Do

True2marie

For anyone who feels they hate cops or don't understand how much they serve the public, you should check out the facebook page A Warmer Shade of Blue, A Book about the Good Things Cops Do. Based on this read, there are stories and pictures about exemplary acts committed by police officers. To me, it gives a more balanced view of this profession.

You can get this book at Amazon.com.
9781624889844.225x225-75.jpg

DancingLady

I'm glad someone has taken the time to record and share some positive things about police officers. They have gotten such bad press lately. I know there are probably quite a few bad ones out there, as there are in any profession, but there are also so many good ones that never get recognized for their years of service and all the risks they take to keep people safe.

True2marie

I'm glad someone has taken the time to record and share some positive things about police officers. They have gotten such bad press lately. I know there are probably quite a few bad ones out there, as there are in any profession, but there are also so many good ones that never get recognized for their years of service and all the risks they take to keep people safe.

Yes, I agree. Police officers all over the world get a bad rap for the actions of a few. It's really a shame. God knows we need professionals in place to maintain order in society. Otherwise crime runs rampant.

GemmaRowlands

This is great to see. As I have mentioned on another thread today, there are far too many people who don't understand the good things that the police do, and this can give them a warped perception of what they are here for. This book, if read carefully, might make people realise just what kind of job they are in, and how much they owe to the people who keep their streets and country safe.

Rainman

It's unfair for all cops to labeled as 'bad', ruthless and other unflattering terms because the media says Cops are irresponsible and so on. I'm sure most police officers want to protect and serve the communities they work in. I've heard stories of policemen doing selfless acts in the name of duty. In Iraq for example
An Iraqi policeman is being remembered as a hero after wrapping his arms around a suicide bomber to shield others from the blast.
See what some Cops can do? I'm sure there are plenty more like him in other parts of the world. Thanks for the book suggestion, I'll definitely get it because I like reading about heroes who never get the credit they deserve.

Muthoni

[FONT=&quot]It is about time that someone took the initiative to highlight on the good that the police do. They put their life on the line every time they wear that uniform. In every society there will always be a bad apple among the good ones that spoils the reputation of the good apples. This is good news to hear[/FONT]

bala

Check your local library, you might be able to borrow it.
To whoever you mentioned this post at,i would say,we can support those authors by buying that book rather than just borrowing it.I don't mean any offense to you,but books like these need to be encouraged by the general public.It is quite cheap too,so why would you want to borrow it..?

DancingLady

I do not have the money to spend on books or other entertainment right now. If I had the time to read this book right now it would have to be borrowed. If I spend even $5 on a book, that's five dollars less I have to save for upcoming moving expenses.