Eat out or cook at home?

JayeeDolo

I usually eat out a lot, but I am starting to get really out of shape and stuff. Is there a healthy way to eat and you can still eat out? Or should I just start cooking healthier food for myself at home? I would love any advice, thanks everyone!

bala

I have to eat out,because i am staying alone in a far off place from my house...Job ..of course..:p
I am slowly learning cooking because eating outside only seems like burning a hole in my pocket.Too friggin costly.
Youtube cooking is now slowly turning to a reality in my case.

helaofthenorns

Cook at home. One of my hobbies is cooking. So, when I have free time, I make sure that I cook for my family. I also love experimenting new dishes though what I cook most of the time is pasta and mousse.

DancingLady

I like to go out for coffee but not really for whole meals. I find that restaurant food is too heavy most of the time and I don't feel good when I eat it. I cook very simple food at home in large batches and make my own froze dinners, that way I don't have to do more work than just thaw and eat most nights. It saves a lot of time and dishes.

dariel2323

Sometimes I like eating out. I like going to healthy restaurant. It's good to get out of routine, but also good cook healthy at home.

LuckyGirl08

I mainly eat at home. My husband likes to cook so we do not see any need to go out. The only time we eat out is if we are traveling.

PhilA

You can eat healthy wherever you are, the world is obsessed with food and eating healthy right now so it's easy to find out how. It takes some patience and discipline.

Riggy

Eating out is both unhealthy and extremely pricey. The best thing to do is make your own meals and learn to cook. It's also extremely rewarding to know you've cooked what's on your plate and you know exactly what has gotten into it. There are some seriously easy meals out there. Lunch can sometimes be left over dinner and dinners can take ten minutes to prepare and cook. I always make my own meals but sometimes when I feel like I should treat myself I like to eat out.

js85

You can always look at the calorie information for restaurants, or make simple substitutions like asking for no cheese, only drinking water, etc. It may seem small, but if you're already eating badly then small things can make a huge difference. Of course if you eat at home you can control all of the health options.

Whitewolf2578

If it were up to me personally? I would eat at home all the time. My girlfriend always wants to go out to eat all the time. Why spend the extra money when you could just eat at home, seems more logical.

Muthoni

When I moved into my place of residence in June, I had to eat out because I did not have a stove for cooking my food. I was always hungry. After two weeks, I bought a stove and now I cook my own food. I find it very filling and delicious. Cooking is an art that anyone can learn; over time you get good at it.

dostava

Cook at home, no contest. It takes a surprisingly short amount of time to learn to fix yourself a decent meal. Additionally, you and only you decide what is put in the food you eat and what doesn't. You'll soon find yourself using a lot less oil or butter, salt and fatty things like cheese because you'll learn that spicing the food properly makes it taste delicious even without those things. You'll find yourself not using condiments too if you get really good at cooking! I think it's worth it, especially in the long run.

wameyo

I do cook mostly. It's cheaper for me to cook but once in a while I go out to savor some cuisines that I can't cook myself.

Nevi

My cooking abilities are limited and I do not cook that much. So I would rather just order some food and take it home, i know this is not a permanent solution in the long run, I should be independent and start to learn cooking :) otherwise, I'm gonna starve.

chasedood

I am constantly eating out these days. I know it is very expensive to do this, but by the time I get off of work everyday I really do not feel like cooking a meal. I am ready to sit back and relax for the night and not have to wash dishes and all that!

oraclemay

If you are too busy you should prepare healthy meals for the whole week when you are at home. When we eat out we tend to over eat. Make sure you make healthier choices. Always cook double portions so that you have a meal to freeze for the following week.

atuckerit

If you are addicted to eating out and like the food that is cooked in the restaurants, you could find the cookbooks that have the restaurants' secret recipes in them. Make all your favorite dishes just like the restaurants make. Though if you wanted to eat healthy and lose weight, you would have to cut down to 1200-2000 calories per day, which is probably what one restaurant meal contains alone.

If you want to still eat out, cut your portions. Restaurants give portions that are way too large for you.
Take home the leftovers and eat them for tomorrow's dinner. Saves money, lets you still eat your favorites from the restaurant and also cuts your calories. WinWin.

Josie

There are ways you can make eating out a part of your diet so as not to gain weight, but that does not equal healthy. I know everyone thinks fast food salads are ok or subway sandwiches, but that's ridiculous. Not healthy. But if weight is all that matter, than restrict your calories like crazy to fit it in. Then of course you might binge more often because you're starving. Cooking at home is the best thing you can do for yourself. With real food! Not a bunch of processed junk. And there are always ways to bring food with you.. most real food is quite portable.

bala

Both,but it all hinges on my mood and it often oscillates and sways according to the time.:p
I mostly have to eat outside owing to the official duties or parties and rarely find time to eat at home,moreover istay far away from my home so it ain't possible to get home cooked food.I though love it when my mom serves food hot on a platter.

wahmed

I love to cook so I prefer to cook at home its healthier and cheaper and I don't think its possible to eat out healthily