How Many Hours is Training?

I am kind of curious as to how many hours a student needs to go through training to become a police officer of duty. I have often heard that a barber goes through more hours of training than a police officer, but I am sure that is just a myth. However, I really am curious as to how many hours it actually is.

Gelsemium

LOL, we can't compare a barber with a police officer, but you can count with 8 hours per day for a long time...

I didn't think it was true, but had to ask personally just to prove them wrong. 8 hours a day for a long time sounds a lot more realistic and I highly doubt that is as much as a barber has to go through. Thanks for the quick response on this!

Profit5500

I believe its 8 hours of training that they have to do. Its a very hard thing to go through as a cop.

Peninha

8 hours per day right profit? I believe so too, but at the same time I am not sure how many months, but close to 1 year I think.

Profit5500

8 hours per day right profit? I believe so too, but at the same time I am not sure how many months, but close to 1 year I think.
I would assume so since that sounds like a full day shift that you would have to go through daily. They would probably subject you to overtime if need be. Though it would depend on the situation that present.

Gelsemium

I agree with you guys, I think that 8 hours of training is a good amount of time, it doesn't have to be all physical of course.

milyjohnson

I agree with the 8 hours being enough training too. There doesn't need to be any longer than that. I wonder how many months the classes would last though.

Profit5500

I agree with you guys, I think that 8 hours of training is a good amount of time, it doesn't have to be all physical of course.
I think they try to mix things up so you can get a feel for how things change quickly while you are on the beat. I mean being able to switch gears with ease is not simple when you are in the police academy.