What kind of attitude do cops find most refreshing/appealing?

Vivat

What kind of attitude helps a police officer better deal with the situation, and quicker? Something that lets the police officer feel reassured and more content with helping in the situation, basically. I don't have the slightest clue due to lack of perspective, so, help me out on this.

Gelsemium

I think that police officers are highly trained and are used to deal with the most diverse situations, so I don't know if they are looking for something refreshing, I think they just want to do their jobs right.

bala

Well,from what i understand from your question,Patience and a cheerful attitude will what make any cop feel refreshed.I mean,you shouldn't be arrogant with him rather talk low and maintain a low profile.
They are being yelled at all the time,so may be this should be refreshing...

Peninha

Yeah, we should not talk to the police like if they are our servants, sure, they are there to make a public service and our taxes pay their wages, but respect is something necessary, they are representing the law.

Doulachic79

I always find that I address sheriffs and law enforcement with a very kind attitude even if they are being a bit rough on me. They are dealing with all sorts of characters all day long and really I don't want to add to a bad attitude nor do I want to be led into getting arrested. I think some cops just try you to rile you up but I don't let that get to me.

Gelsemium

I think you should avoid cursing and saying disrespectful stuff, basically use the common sense, you are talking to the authority.

Ricardo187

I think a police officer wants to find a citizen with patience, complying and not putting any barriers on the way so they can do their job right. Someone polite and decent, basically.

Peninha

I agree, we need to take our time to deal with the police, if we act important or arrogant that doesn't seem the better attitude.