Fitness standard for being a police officer

Vivat

I would like to know how fit you would have to be to consider becoming a police officer, I would also like to know what kind of risks (ones that you only find out about when you become one especially) it is possible to encounter as a police officer, besides the obvious ones, of course.

Is there a fitness test during employment? What goes into employment in general?

edit: I should've posted this in police academy/elsewhere

Last edited:

bala

Ask the admin to move it there..@Sergeant_bainsworth
Oh yeah..They do undergo a test before they get into the training programme and in turn an officer,but no one really cares for all these nowadays(especially in my country).
Earlier the requisite was to prove your fitness through some rigorous assignments and exercises,but all those have been taken off,i guess..

Profit5500

I think it is best to be fit like go into doing track and weight training. Eating a healthy diet is also crucial too being fit as an officer. You can also talk to police consultants at the station and get what information from them about fitness strategies that you can use.

mroman3

I know they do, because one of my friend's brothers failed his physical and was denied instantly after that.