Anthony

Super Moderator
Police in Portland, Oregon deliver pizza after the driver involved in crash had injured his neck and back. The driver was transported to a local hospital. The officers told him they would make the delivery for him.
"They turn around to leave and I said, 'Hang on, I've got to a get a picture of this. Nobody will believe Portland police delivering a pizza. Nobody,'" Huckins said.
"I wanted these officers to get a little bit of a recognition because they went above and beyond," he added. "Because I feel police get criticized too much."
Oregonpolice.jpg

LuckyGirl08

This is so nice of those police officers. It would be great if police officers every where was this generous to help someone with their job.

stevesxs9

That's a good story. We definitely need to hear more humanitarian efforts from LEO's. I know they have tough and dangerous job, but its real nice to see them extend themselves.

Rahstyles

Police officers in portland look nice. LOL you should see the ones here in california. There mostly A holes sometimes.. No offense.

Good job though.

Muthoni

This is the kind of story that makes someone feel good; it reflects so well on the police. I am sure that the recipient of the pizza felt very honored. Keep up the good work. Most people only look for the bad and ignore the good present. The photo made me smile, I hope that the pizza man recovers quickly.

GemmaRowlands

I like this story, and I think it serves to remind people that, despite what they might actually think or hear, the police officers who patrol the streets are human beings just like they are, and they have the ability to be kind and human, and do good deeds that would help other people. One problem that I think we have with the police is the fact that so many people just cannot connect to them, but I think that things like this help a lot with that, and it should go a long way towards helping to improve the trust between the public and the police.

Determined2014

Great officers, wish we had more of this kind of cops, they actually went out of their way to make sure they delivered the pizza, that was very nice of them, am sure the customer thought , they were in trouble when they saw the cops at the door, little did they know that it was their pizza being delivered, very noice.

Rahstyles

Hey I have one question though. What about if theres calls they could have been on to save sombodies life but instead there out there doing stuff like this? Wouldnt you think there would be 2 diffrent public opinions?

helaofthenorns

This is really nice. I hope that all police officers have this kind of dedication when it comes to serving and protecting citizens. :)

shreklock

This is so heartwarming. Many grumpy cops wouldn't bother to go as far as delivering a pizza. I wonder if they got a tip :)

milyjohnson

That was really nice of the police to do that for the driver. It's stuff like that that makes the police officers look good. It's too bad more police officers couldn't be like that.

Profit5500

Police officers in portland look nice. LOL you should see the ones here in california. There mostly A holes sometimes.. No offense.

Good job though.
I believe California cops only just care about themselves by them going around and just enforcing the law I can see why. Most cops are A holes and me living in Cali I just keep my distance so I can stay way from them. If Portland cops are this chill then I would like to interact with them.

jgon3491

I would be beyond happy if my pizza was still delivered after an accident. I'd probably be shocked to see an officer standing at my door though and would question everything.