Would you rather go to jail for a year or live in your car for a year?

babyleans

Hello people, as it says in the title, which one do you think is better? would you rather go to jail for a year or live in your car for the same time period? personally i would rather live in my car for a year.

Determined2014

I would rather go to jail for a year than live in my car, in jail I will not have to worry about the toilets, food and the weather, so it is much easier to live in jail than in my car.

Vivat

That's a rather odd question, am I capable of using my car for travel? The thread says nothing about not being able to do so, and because living in something does not necessarily mean "stuck" - I assume I'm capable of leaving it every once in a while to work/eat/use public toilets and etc.

Well, then, I'd live in my car for a year. Much easier and less hassle.

bala

I feel this is a bit weird and a question that doesn't give more info.If i can use it for travel and get out of it once a while..obviously i would choose the car..It surely is any day better than spending a year in the jail.
May i ask you why this thought crept up..?? :p

babyleans

I feel this is a bit weird and a question that doesn't give more info.If i can use it for travel and get out of it once a while..obviously i would choose the car..It surely is any day better than spending a year in the jail.
May i ask you why this thought crept up..?? :p

I was just curious. By living in the car i mean sleeping in your car because maybe you don't have a house.

babyleans

That's a rather odd question, am I capable of using my car for travel? The thread says nothing about not being able to do so, and because living in something does not necessarily mean "stuck" - I assume I'm capable of leaving it every once in a while to work/eat/use public toilets and etc.

Well, then, I'd live in my car for a year. Much easier and less hassle.
Your're right, i meant having all your things in the car and sleeping in it because you don't have a house. I didn't mean you're stuck in the car.

bala

I was just curious. By living in the car i mean sleeping in your car because maybe you don't have a house.
Yup...It means living in the car..I guess that is what he meant.
I would gladly accept living in a car,if its a limo with a toilet,bath...TV,wifi..computer and others..
Darn,then it wouldn't amount to punishment right..?? :p

davidj96

Believe it or not, I'd rather go to jail for a year rather than live in my car. As I'm being processed, my car would most likely be registered into an impound lot of some sort, which is good because I don't have to worry about it while I'm behind bars. Now you may ask, why do I choose prison? Well, I get to bathe everyday for free, I'm safe at night when I'm laying in a small bunk instead of reclining in my car, I get three square meals a day, I get free time as long as I have good behavior, and I have no bills whatsoever to worry about, such as gas money in order for the car to run heat at night to keep you from freezing.

askanison

Car!! In jail you have no freedom and will be surrounded by criminals, killers, and rapists. In would much rather takes my chances out in a car on the streets and beg.

ItsZiggy

I'm assuming if by choosing jail that it comes with a criminal record, if that's the case then I'm definitely choosing my car. Plus I can go anywhere whilst living in my car so I wouldn't be at all restricted, however food would be an issue, whereas it wouldn't be in jail. But yeah, definitely live in my car.

Profit5500

I would love to live in a car for a year over jail. In jail you have to wear a nasty jumpsuit and live in a cell with another inmate name Bubba who wants to rape you. That is not a LOL moment either you have to see to it that you don't let him attack you while you are in there. Then you have to deal with the crooked guards who are there to screw you over. You would then have to do chores like cleaning the floors and walls and fold laundry. In a car you have just you to deal with daily. Also you can go to any location you want to without complaints. In your car you can just sleep when you want to so no one would bother you not even Bubba. So I would rather sleep in my car if I had one then to rot in a jail cell for a year.

Gelsemium

I don't think I would ever want to go to jail. As for living in my car, I would do everything in my power to avoid that, I am not afraid to work.

ic3squid

I would sleep in my car anyday, my car has very comfortable seats and awesome air conditioning/heating.

Doulachic79

Car. I can drive to someone's house and use the bathroom, find friends for meals, find work, find wifi. FREEDOM is the main idea here. In Jail you don't have the option of opening your car door and getting out of it.

ic3squid

Car. I can drive to someone's house and use the bathroom, find friends for meals, find work, find wifi. FREEDOM is the main idea here. In Jail you don't have the option of opening your car door and getting out of it.

I don't think OP would allow that, look at the title. It says "live" in there, so I mean that you have to stay there for a whole year. I guess you would probably get fat anyways, since you're hardly doing anything.

InPrint

Hmm... This is a tricky question. I guess it depends on where you live. Here in the great white north jail would be the place to be. This past winter was horrible; summer hasn't been bad. The benefit of jail is at least you have your meals taken care of, clothes, and a bathroom. Your freedom would be stripped though. I don't think you eat what you want, when you want and they might not let you use the bathroom when you want. You also would not be able to see family and friends or even talk on the phone when you wanted.
On the other hand, living in your car, you would have your freedom, but none of the necessities. Perhaps a drive to a warmer climate would be the answer, but then you are leaving the area where your friends and family are anyway.

PhilA

What a strange question, but a very easy one to answer. I'd live in my car. I think they key word here is 'freedom', its losing ones freedom that is the scary thing. Being in prison, doing what you are told, when you are told. No thanks.

Ricardo187

Live in my car, for sure. I'd never go to jail if I have the chance to chose. Living in your car is something honest that probably happens from a crisis situation, while going to jail means you commit a crime.

mroman3

Car for a year! Freedom and security (to an extent) is higher in my own car than Jail. I wouldn't have to deal with a bad correctional officer, or other inmates. Just me and my car, and whatever source of income I can find!